Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc.™ develops, manufactures, markets and distributes high-quality pharmaceuticals through two divisions: Par Pharmaceutical, our generic drug division, and Strativa Pharmaceuticals, our proprietary products division. We combine the energy and innovation of a new venture with the fully integrated resources of a leading, diversified pharmaceutical company.
- Founded as a generics products company in 1978. Today includes two divisions:
- Employs more than 600 professionals in offices in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey (Corporate Headquarters), Spring Valley, New York (Research & Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Account Services) and Suffern, New York (Distribution)
- Conducts manufacturing in the United States and markets and/or licenses more than 85 prescription drug product families
- More than 50 currently marketed products
- 27 ANDA (abbreviated new drug approval) applications submitted to the FDA, including 12 that are first-to-file
- More than 30 products in active development
- Has manufacturing plant capacity of more than 2 billion tablets per year